Sunday 17 August 2014

The Loch Fyne Oyster Bar Goodie Bag Gift

Smoked venison, smoked mussels and quails eggs from Loch Fyne Oysters

I've personally visited the Loch Fyne Oyster Bar many times over more years than I care to recall. This is usually when I am fishing Loch Fyne or quite literally passing right by it on my way to fish somewhere further up the West Coast of Scotland. Yesterday, however, it was family members of mine who were in the area and they very kindly brought me a small goodie bag containing some of the wonderful produce the fairly recently refurbished shop has to offer.

What you see above is some smoked venison from the Rannoch Smokery in Pitlochry, Perthshire, some Loch Fyne smoked mussels and some wonderful little quail eggs which are farmed on the tiny island of Gigha. I have tried all of these products many times before and love them very much but I will be dreaming up some new ways of serving them and will share a few examples over the coming days of what I decide to create.

The Loch Fyne Oyster Bar, July 2011

The Oyster Bar and Restaurant is quite literally right at the head of Loch Fyne and sits on the A83 Campbeltown road, just past Cairndow and a few miles before you reach Inveraray. It's only about an hour's drive from Glasgow and more than worth a visit, especially if you happen to be passing by anyway.



The Loch Fyne Oyster Bar seen from above, December 2007

I took the above picture of the Oyster Bar in late December 2007 when I was staying in Inveraray for a few days between Christmas and New Year. We climbed part way up one of the hills behind Loch Fyne Oysters, where I got some stunning photographs, including this one.

The photo below was taken when I was beach fishing at Cairndow, near the War Memorial, in August 2011.

The Loch Fyne Oyster Bar seen from across Loch Fyne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please not that all comments are subject to author approval before they will appear on this blog.